Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Muhuru Update!

Hi everyone. I've been trying to wait to have a good enough connection for photos and videos, but no luck yet. I arrived in Muhuru last Sunday, and things have been moving quickly since then. Here are the highlights...pictures soon!

  1. I interviewed 20 applicants for local research interviewers. We held two days of training and evaluation to narrow down to 5 very qualified individuals.
  2. Research assistants from Egerton joined us in Muhuru today, so the whole team is here. We have another day of back translating and finalizing the measures - then we'll get started with interviews!
  3. Emily Matthews arrived this week to work with me. Emily is a Duke student who completed an independent study with me this semester. She will be assessing HIV education in the schools in Muhuru. Emily has been a HUGE help with the trainings.
  4. Bananas are fabulous here, so I've been introducing my Kenyan friends to banana and peanut butter sandwiches - yum!

1 comment:

  1. Your mother will be glad to read that her lunch meals during your youth have such an important role in your doctoral research. Enjoyed your post. Congratulations to Emily for her major contributions.

    ReplyDelete