Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Psychology Jokes at Dinner

A quick story for those of us in psychology...

One of my research assistants, Keziah, is also the daughter in the family that is hosting us. We don't tend to talk about work much at dinner, but yesterday, her mother mentioned that she had a headache. Keziah then started asking her mother question after question..."Tell me more about your headache....How do you feel about having a headache?...Give me an example of the last time you had a headache..." I quickly realized she was (good naturedly) making fun of our interview supervision earlier that day where I stressed the importance of probing for details and feelings. I was so excited - if you're making clinical interviewing jokes at dinner, I think that's a pretty good sign that you're getting it.

3 comments:

  1. Wish I could overhear some of my students making jokes about how important it is to know your audience.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know how inundated in psychology you are when you literally laugh out loud when you read that...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found out this information while watching a program sildenafil citrate
    thanks for your information helped me for my school homework

    ReplyDelete