Saturday, June 20, 2009

Kenyan Feast!

Last Wednesday, Mama Eunice helped me throw a thank-you dinner for my research team. They have been working long hours to transcribe and translate interviews, and I wanted to celebrate the end of qualitative data collection. I asked Mama Eunice to cook, and she made amazing versions of almost every Kenyan food we typically eat. I am in Nairobi now, so I thought I'd show what the food is like.

This first picture has cooked cabbage (one of my favorites) and green grams - which are a lot like lentils.



Below are beef with broth and then mixed cooked bananas and potatoes. Next is chipote - fried round bread (another favorite...great with green grams!).








This is tilapia, fresh from Lake Victoria.








And here are the cooks - Mama Eunice and Vivian












More pictures are on Picasa: http://picasaweb.google.com/evepuffer

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like it was a fun celebration for your interviewing team. Hope your weekend has been good. Love the pictures of the food -- what a great idea for the blog post. Looks like Mama Eunice may want to go into the catering business.

    ReplyDelete